Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sun Bonnet Sue


This is a pillowcase.  The skirt has three layers so the bottom ruffle really stands out.  I have been looking at various Sun Bonnet Girl patterns for a quilt for my granddaughter (s) and trying to find the right one that I would like to do.  Bought a couple books with all kinds of them thru and thru and they are all so different.  The pillowcase came from the thrift store for 25 cents!  I have seen other quilts and pillows with various versions, all slightly different.   This book is from the Oxmoor House Quilts Made Easy series.  It has about 8 or 9 patterns for Sun Bonnet Sue and Overall Sam.

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty!!! I've seen other pillowcases that were ended with a full skirt. I think I like this one better then what I've seen so far....

    ReplyDelete