Thursday, December 30, 2010

Study Time


I am using this time to study quilt patterns and review my quilt books.  One of my favorite books right now is 5,500 Quilt Block Designs by Maggie Malone.  I have been using this to identify patterns for quilts I have that will be posted as soon as possible.  I have a beautiful scrappy LaMoyne Star quilt, a Postage Stamp Basket quilt top, and Altered Nine Patch and a few more.

Mr. Puff-n-Stuff and I went to an old antique store a few weeks ago and found some great quilts which we didn't buy.  Instead of bindings, the quilts were edged with crocheting around each one.  One was done in hot pink crochet thread for a green and pink Flower Garden Quilt.  The second quilt was an album quilt and I am pretty sure they were made by the same quilter as the fabric pieces were the same for both quilt.  That quilt was edged in off white crocheting instead of binding.  This is the only time I have seen quilts finished in this manner.  Each had a pretty hefty price attached to it and while I thought they were beautiful, I had to pass them by.

No comments:

Post a Comment