Sunday, December 25, 2011

Road to Arkansas--Christmas Quilts


My cousins, Bobbie and Joyce,  from Arizona came to see me this past summer and we got to talking quilts.  They liked this pattern and wanted  a green one and a blue one so I worked on it tll I liked the results.  They are twin bed size and made of cotton.  Bobbie likes the look of the ties so I tied them.  I could imagine them being quilted with pretty designs but made them like the girls said they wanted.  It was a fun project and I proved to myself that I can do this.  I am a beginner in quilts and needed a simple pattern to help me get over my nervousness.  I hope they like the finished products! 

1 comment:

  1. Mom, if I didn't understand the making of the blocks, I would have thought these quilts were really hard to make. I think I like the blue better then the green. I think I might try one in Christmas green and Red with some white thrown in. I'm a Christmas kid and look to see if something can be redone in Christmas colors vs. how they were originally done. BUT, That's just me....lol

    ReplyDelete