Friday, November 12, 2010

Double Knit Grandmother's Flower Garden

My sister sent this quilt top a couple years ago.  She found it in a Thrift store in Idaho and sent it to me because she knows how much I like the Grandmother's Flower Garden pattern.  It is made of double knit, mostly in pastels and needs one and a half more flowers and the white to go around it.  I am searching for the white double knit.  This fabric was so popular in the 1970's and then began to vanish.  Each Hexagon is about 4" across so will take a good bit of a simple basic non patterned white double knit to finish it. 

2 comments:

  1. I have an absolutely gorgeous hand done quilt in this pattern that belonged to great Aunt Lee. We found it in a pillow case when we had to take care of her belongings after she passed away when she was nearly 101.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never met Aunt Lee. I knew where she lived but not much about her other than she was Grandma's sister. I would love to see a photo of her quilt. You are so fortunate to have it.

    ReplyDelete